Epoxy and urethane floor coatings are undeniably, some of the most durable floor coverings for the concrete slabs. They are available in a wide range of colors and can be customized to provide almost limitless choices to suit nearly any design aesthetic.
One way to customize and make an ordinary floor extraordinary is by integrating the use of a decorative metallic flooring system. The result will be a lustrous finish, completely unique to your facility.
This decorative floor coating system utilizes clear UV-resistant epoxy, into which a metallic pigment is added. Metallic pigments are tiny, nearly glittery particles that produce an attractive effect. When it is blended with the epoxy, the particles create an exciting visual effect having multi-dimensional hues.
What Are The Advantages Of A Decorative Metallic Epoxy And Urethane Floor Coating?
These Floor Coatings Furnish All The Benefits Of The High Quality Systems, Including:-
• Exceptional durability and abrasion resistance
• Can be used for low maintenance requirements. Since, they never need polishing, buffing or waxing
• Virtually seamless application
• Moisture vapor control
• Slip and Chemical resistance
• Pathogen inhibition
A decorative metallic epoxy flooring can not only meet your performance requirements but provide a unique aesthetic that is hard to beat. These type of epoxy floor coatings can be very cost effective and are often less expensive than other flooring systems.
Below mentioned is the Process of Installation of Decorative Metallic Epoxy Floor Coatings:-
Installation Of Our Decorative Metallic Epoxy Floor Coatings Is Quite Similar To The Installation Of Other Tennant Epoxy Systems.
• Mechanically surface of the concrete slab is prepared, ensuring it is smooth and free of dust, dirt, or any foreign particles. This step may also include testing for Moisture Vapor Transmission.
• Then the opaque primer and basecoat is served which will serve as a background to the shimmering semi-translucent metallic epoxy layer to follow. The color of the basecoat will change the final appearance of a decorative metallic floor coating system.
• Lastly, the clear epoxy is mixed with the metallic pigment coating.
If you are like many of our clients who are looking for an unusual and distinctive custom flooring option for your home or commercial building, it is hard to beat the beauty of an acid washed concrete finish. Suitable for some indoor and outdoor residential, restaurant flooring, and commercial flooring applications, our acid washed stained concrete service is popular several reasons – it is a cost effective, low maintenance, attractive floor finish, and is available in unlimited colors and design styles.
What is Acid Washed Concrete?
Acid washed flooring is created by applying a solution of acid, water and inorganic chemicals to a cured concrete surface. Variations in the concrete’s porosity, density, and water retention creates the unique marbling effect and extraordinary hues in the finished concrete.
What are the Benefits of Acid Washed Concrete?
1.Our Acid Wash Process adds Versatility: An acid wash finish can be applied to virtually any concrete surface, from flooring to countertops, including surfaces that have been in place for years. Due to the chemical makeup and content and variations in the surface texture, as well as ambient environmental conditions, each acid wash application is unique.
2. Acid washed flooring has a unique aesthetic appeal, a low initial installation cost, is easy to clean, and is very low maintenance. There are numerous style and design options we will help you choose from when selecting an acid washed concrete finish:
If you are thinking about installing or beautifying your existing concrete surfaces, weighing your design options, or are considering the benefits acid washed concrete flooring vs epoxy coatings, please contact our professional concrete coating contractor company in Phoenix, AZ Metro today! We can be reached at 480-226-4172 for a free design consultation and floor estimate to help you determine if an acid washed application is right for your home.
“This blog content originally posted @ https://www.dreamcoatflooring.com/imperfect-details-unique-beauty-acid-washed-concrete/ “
For 15 years, Dreamcoat Flooring in Phoenix Metro has been created and installing affordable to luxury residential and commercial concrete flooring solutions in Phoenix that protect concrete floors and make them look fantastic! Our custom epoxy flooring and custom stained concrete floors are amazing to look at, and can be installed within one day! We work Valley-wide – from Peoria/Glendale to Scottsdale to Gilbert/Mesa.